Sunday, June 1, 2008

Weigh in on Obama

Here are some of the things people have said about Senator Barack Obama. Post a comment in his defense.

"So I think (Obama) definitely has convinced people that he stands for change and for hope, and I can't wait to see what he stands for." -- Susan Sarandon

"I’m not the first to point out that the Obama campaign seems dangerously close to becoming a cult of personality." -- Paul Krugman

"Obama is all style. No substance. He's all 'I want to send children to the moon,' and then when you ask how he says 'Hope.'" -- Dawn Summers

"If Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is. And the country is caught up in the concept." -- Geraldine Ferraro

"I have a lifetime of experience that I will bring to the White House. I know Senator McCain has a lifetime of experience that he will bring to the White House. And Senator Obama has a speech he gave in 2002." -- Hillary Clinton

Unlike Senator Obama, my admiration, respect and deep gratitude for America's veterans is something more than a convenient campaign pledge." -- John McCain

"I take a backseat to no one in my affection, respect and devotion to veterans. And I will not accept from Senator Obama, who did not feel it was his responsibility to serve our country in uniform, any lectures on my regard for those who did." -- John McCain

"After his victory last week in Wisconsin and again at the Austin debate, Obama revealed himself to be the most liberal candidate since George McGovern. He is not thrilled with building a border fence. He wants to meet with Raul Castro. He will raise taxes and spend a boatload of money on new programs. He will exit Iraq pronto and spend that money on domestic programs. He opposes any restriction on partial birth abortion and thinks the District of Columbia's total handgun ban is a 'common sense' regulation." -- Jennifer Rubin

"I opposed the Defense of Marriage Act in 1996. It should be repealed and I will vote for its repeal on the Senate floor. I will also oppose any proposal to amend the U.S. Constitution to ban gays and lesbians from marrying." -- Barack Obama

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations." -- Barack Obama

Source: www.rightwingnews.com

No comments: